When the parties and their lawyers are unable to bring resolution to their issues for various reasons, the case must be managed by a judge. This is what is known as a “litigated divorce”. Even when a divorce is litigated there may remain options for settlement out of court. It is also true that the case may need to go to trial to be resolved.
At Lowenstein Brown, we have litigated and/or been involved in cases dealing with:
- child custody cases involving issues of abuse, as well as “move-away” cases
- the valuation of real property
- date of separation
- the valuation of businesses
- spousal support and/or child support
- contempt proceedings
- proceedings to collect spousal and child support
- tracing of separate property and the division of numerous assets including intellectual property
- …and more.
In addition, we are experienced in cases where the trials lasted from several hours to those which have lasted for a number of weeks.
Call 619-298-6246 to schedule a consultation or