ResourcesWe’ve assembled some helpful links and other family law resources for you.
If any questions arise, please contact us at 619-298-6246 for answers.
Below you will find various resources on family law topics like: Child Abduction and Abuse, Collaborative Divorce, Child Support, Court Resources, Income Taxes, Military and Government Personnel, Domestic Violence, Health Insurance Benefits, City of San Diego and County of San Diego, Qualified Domestic Relations Orders, and Social Security.
Military or Government Personnel
- The Defense and Accounting ServiceFor information on United States Department of Defense military and civilian pay and benefits.
- Military Retirement System (MRS)For information on military retirement benefits.
- Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS)For information of civil pay and retirement benefits.
Health Insurance Benefits
- California State Teachers’ Retirement SystemIf you have questions about retirement benefits from the State of California for employees covered by the State Teachers’ Retirement Benefits (STRS).
- California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS)If you have questions about retirement benefits from the State of California for employees covered by CalPERS.
Child Abduction and Abuse
- San Diego District Attorney OfficeCall the County Social Services Department’s Child Protective Services Child Abuse Hotline at (858) 560-2191 or (800) 344-6000 FREE to report situations in which you suspect that a child has been abused or appears to be at risk of being abused.
- Department of Child Support Services – San Diego CountyThe federal law requires each state to establish a child and spousal support program. In San Diego County, the Department of Child Support Services provides its services free of charge.
- Internal Revenue Services (IRS)The Internal Revenue Service has a very useful website in answering questions. Also, nearly every IRS form and publication is available online.
- Divorced or Separated Individuals – IRS Publication 504If you have questions about the income tax treatment of alimony, child support, property transfers between spouses and claiming your children as dependents on your Federal and State income taxes.
- Child and Dependent Care Expenses – IRS Publication 503If you have questions as to whether you are eligible to use the credit for child care expenses on your Federal and State income taxes.
- California Franchise Tax BoardCalifornia’s income tax agency is called the Franchise Tax Board.
Qualified Domestic Relations Orders
- Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDRO)A domestic relations order that creates or recognizes the existence of an alternate payee’s right to receive, or assigns to an alternate payee the right to receive, all or a portion of the benefits payable with respect to a participant under a retirement plan, and that includes certain information and meets certain other requirements.
City of San Diego and County of San Diego
- San Diego City Employees’ Retirement SystemEmployees who work for the City of San Diego, Unified Port District and the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority are enrolled in the San Diego City Employees’ Retirement System.
- San Diego County Employees Retirement Association (SDCERA)Employees who work for the County of San Diego are enrolled in the San Diego County Employees Retirement Association.